Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of School ~ Senior Year


My Baby has just begun her senior year of high school...
and I am lost...good thing it is raining because it hides my tears as
I stand there with the dog and blow a kiss to her.

It's all good ~ bittersweet, I keep telling myself as my husband of 25 years smiles
and shakes his head.  The dog whines because the school bus didn't stop...he's used
to walking her to the bus, getting on for his morning treat, making his way down
the aisle to greet all the kids...for now she is a licensed driver with a school
parking permit. Which also means, that he no longer has to wait at the end of the
driveway in the afternoon for the bus to safely deliver her back home.

 However, on this first day of school, the motocross racer boyfriend
picks her up in his pickup truck, giving me yet another gray hair, for sure.
And as I try not to read him the riot act about carrying precious cargo, I send them
off with good wishes to enjoy their first day of their last year of high school!
Of course, with a juice box and goldfish crackers and a special note tucked inside
her little lunch bag...she is still the Baby, after all.

Milestones...roots and wings....and all that jazz!
I guess it is time for me to heed my own advice to my 3 beautiful daughters ~
"DON'T LOOK BACK ~ YOU'RE NOT GOING THAT WAY"

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet post. having raised my daughter i can completely sympathize.

    i absolutely adore the 'don't look back' quote.
    such good advice and i must remember it myself.

    very happy to have found this beautiful blog and to have "met" you.
    i will happily follow and i would like to add you to my own blog's sidebar.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! It's amazing how fast time flies.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm now a follower of yours as well.
    http://d-and-s-macke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete