Monday, October 15, 2012

Autumn Inspiration with Clay

The mini clay tiles and incense burner for hippie Mary came out beautifully, and of course once fired I had to test the burner with my own "passion" incense...works just fine!  I am a scent-ual person.
Thank goodness for Nina who keeps me involved in the discovery and mystery of new scents.

Before the kiln
The clay stones are from Gen, the kiln owner, with her nicely written words to 
keep my mind focused and help me to breathe deep...the red wine helps!
I have a best friend, I smile, I have hope, I must practice patience, and I will learn to trust...again.

© 2012 hula~la
The smudge bowl is from the beautiful clay at Two Crow Cottage and the smudge stick is made from the lavender gardens that surround the property there.  Lavender is a calming agent used to reduce stress and promote relaxation.  The ritual of smudging can be defined as "spiritual house cleaning".  In theory, the smoke attaches itself to negative energy and as the smoke clears it takes the negative energy with it, releasing it into another space where it will be regenerated into positive energy. 

As the autumn leaves continue to fall, we must take the time and notice all the beauty that this season brings.  The bright colors of the mums, the scarecrows popping up out of the cornfields with the brightly colored ears for decorating.  The gourds have such a unique style all their own with colors and shapes of all sizes.  And don't forget the pumpkins...for soon they will be transformed into jack-o-lanterns with unique personalities all their own.  Yes, let us rejoice in all the beauty of this colorful, bountiful season.

No comments:

Post a Comment